Rules and Requests
RULES AND REQUESTS
FROM DICK AND THE B.O.D
SAFETY: There could be no greater tragedy for all GMOT members than a serious injury or loss of a life on our property. Please keep in mind these general facts:
1. Our land slopes gently to the lake; however, there are many large boulders so please stay on the path to the lake and dock. On either side of the path, one hundred feet to the shore, there are depressions and small stumps to trip up a child or adult causing a fall onto a large boulder.
2. The beauty of the lake will not prevent water accidents so when using watercraft, or swimming, life jackets should be worn. Parents or guardians should never leave children alone swimming or playing along the shore.
3. Fire: The outside fire pit will be the only place for an open fire. Remember the fire is not out unless you can hold the ashes in your hand. Thousands of acres and property would be destroyed should a fire start as there are no hydrants or fire stations near enough stop a house fire or forest fire.
4. Accidents: In the Oneness Lodge and Keewaydin’s Lair there will be first aid equipment, bandages, etc. It will be as complete as we can make it for emergencies as well as information on how to contact the nearest Urgent Medical Care Center. There is a helicopter landing pad for urgent evacuation within a mile of our property. However, the quickest way will be an ambulance from Lincoln.
PLEASE REMEMBER THE GMOT LAND and PROPERTY IS YOURS EQUALLY AS MUCH AS ANY OTHER MEMBER.
1. Please NO SMOKING ANYWHERE ON THE PROPERTY.
2. There will be a DVD player in the Waboos cabin and we will have the internet but there will be no cable television. Cell phone reception is spotty but we will have a booster which should improve reception greatly. We plan to have a grill on the deck. There will be an outside shower and there are plans for a firepit.
3. There is no dishwasher in either unit. We hope families and friends will clean up together.
4. Please DO NOT bring Campers, ATV’S, WAVE RUNNERS OR SKIDOOS. We will have canoes and kayaks.
5. The Oneness Lodge will sleep six and Keewaydin's Lair will sleep four for a total of ten at any one time at the lodge.
6. PLEASE DO NOT bring your shoes, boots or footwear into the Lodge. Take them off in the Waboos entry cabin. Kindly bring slippers with you.
7. Please remember a campfire is only to be in the fire pit. Please use wood found on the ground or wood that has washed up along the shore. Do not cut down any live trees.
8. Sorry no pets.
9. Please use life jackets when using any watercraft and insure that youngsters put them on.
10. For those guests over the age of 16 who plan to fish, you must obtain a Maine Fishing License. Please see this link for instructions:
Please purchase a license online for all of those who plan to fish and bring a copy with you.
11. Please leave the lodge looking as good as when you arrived. Kindly write any thoughts regarding your stay or suggestions that would improve a member’s visit in the Oneness Lodge Diary and Keewaydin Lair’s Diary. When you return home send a comment about your stay to the web master. Including a picture of your family would also be appreciated.
12. Kindly put all garbage in trash bags and in the locked shed as we have hungry porcupines, squirrels, raccoons and bears; although we have only seen tracks from a bear. The garbage will be collected at the end of your stay and taken to Lincoln.
13. By following these guidelines you are "Helping the other fellow" and preserving our Oneness Lodge for those who will come after us to Jr. Lake.